Aerial displays will take place this year on Sunday 30th of June, as part of Armed Forces Day.
The Royal Air Force have announced that the amazing team will headline the event, taking place on Sunday 30th June on The Leas. The entertainment programme will start at 11am and is a free family day out focusing on the recognition of Service Personnel, Veterans and Cadets past, present and future.
Folkestone Rescue will be providing safety services for the day.
- 10.45am to 11.00am – March, Welcome & Introductions
- 11.15am to 11.45am – Blue Falcons Gymnastic Display
- 12.00pm to 12.20pm – The Dulcettes at the Bandstand
- 1.00pm to 1.30pm – The Tigers Parachute Team Display
- 1.30pm to 2.00pm – The Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment Band
- 2.00pm to 2.20pm – Biplanes Air Display
- 2.30pm to 3.00pm – Cadets’ Tug of War Competition
- 3.00pm to 3.15pm – Spitfire Air Display
- 3.25pm to 3.50pm – Lindy Hoppers WW1 Themed Dance Act
- 4.00pm to 4.20pm – Red Arrows Air Display
- 4.40pm to 5.10pm – Kent Millitary Community Choir at Bandstand
- 5.20pm – Mayor’s Thank you and Farewell Speech
Most events will be taking place on the Leas, with air displays visible over the channel. Other events and activities will be taking place on the Stade next to the Harbour.
The following roads are expected to be closed in the area from 8am to 6pm (red) and 12pm to 6pm (orange):
Please note that Folkestone Rescue are not the organisers of this event, and we regret that we are unable to answer any queries about it.